[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your build results for 2017-07-08

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Mon Jul 10 13:29:13 UTC 2017

Hello,

Am 10.07.2017 um 15:16 schrieb Peter Korsgaard:

> Hi,
>
>   >> > Build failures related to your packages:
>   >> >
>   >> >    mips64el |           host-util-linux-2.30 |
>   >> >    http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/a0096eb6e65b83b2b0c7d38e5f978c3fe636cb30
>   >>
>   >> Segfault in /bin/bash. Does not seem to be related to the package.
>
>   > This is happening on Peter's autobuilder instance. It failed twice:
>   > http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=host-util-linux-2.30. One time
>   > due to an Illegal instruction, second time due to a Segmentation fault.
>
>   > Peter ? :-)
>
> Sorry, no idea. gcc68 is a new Ryzen based machine in the compile farm
> that I recently started an autobuilder instance on:
>
> https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/
>
> I'll try to reproduce manually and have a closer look tonight.

In April I bought a Ryzen 1700 PC showing similar problems with
buildroot. Random crashes of bash, sh or internal compiler errors. If
you restart the build it may finish properly. I think it's a known
problem with that new AMD CPUs. Gentoo people are reporting similar
issues. A recent BIOS version may fix it but my patience was to an
end... in the meantime I have replaced it with an Intel i7 PC.

Wolfgang.