[Buildroot] [git commit] package/gnu-efi: bump version to 3.0.5

Benoît Allard benoit.allard at greenbone.net
Fri Jun 9 09:50:09 UTC 2017

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 14:28:19 +0200
Benoît Allard <benoit.allard at greenbone.net> wrote:

> [
> Not a genuine reply, my mailbox had a downtime when the original mail
> was sent.
>
> Refering to commit:
> https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=d0402a6e72c8ca5088d860bb788084147a049968
> ]
>
> Hi together,
>
> It seems the version bump of gnu-efi (3.0.1 -> 3.0.5) is breaking at
> least syslinux.
>
> Our autobuilders don't exercise the bootloaders, so we missed it.
>
> I've quickly tried to see how deep the differences are, first had
> issues with conflicting function prototypes, then with structs which
> changed name, and finally with conflicting definition of longjump
> types. I gave up for now while investigating that last one.

I've got three patches that allow me to build syslinux with the newer
version I'll post later today.

> syslinux ships with an included own version of gnu-efi, so they might
> not be interested in fixing that immediately (I've not raised the
> issue over there yet).

Because they ship with an integrated version of gnu-efi (from around
Feb. 2014), there isn't much traction in integrating new patches there.
I'll post my patches to their list as well anyway.

Regards,
Ben.