[Buildroot] Error when building Qt5 Webengine from buildroot

Gaël PORTAY gael.portay at savoirfairelinux.com
Sun Jun 11 18:50:23 UTC 2017

Hi Brent,

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 05:45:55AM +0000, Brent Sink wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> > > Which version of gcc are you using? Does it support C++11 ?
>
> > The gcc version is 5.4.0, and when I pass the -std=c++11 it will build for c++11.
>
> Since you asked the question about gcc, should I be using something other than the cross compiler provided by buildroot?  Right now it's using this one: buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabihf-gcc

I built Qt WE 5.8 with GCC 6.x with glibc.

I am not sure, but I think I met the same issue with GCC 5.x.

> Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

If you build for rpi 3, are you using the raspberrypi3_qt5_defconfig I sent from
the patch 3/3 [1]? Normally, this defconfig works fine for rpi3.

Regards,
Gael

[1]: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/742259/