[Buildroot] CCACHE accross multiple buildroot projects

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Tue Jun 20 17:21:59 UTC 2017

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:04:12 +0200, "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr> wrote:
> Heiko, All,
>
> On 2017-06-19 15:57 +0200, Heiko Thiery spake thusly:
> > is it allowed to use CCACHE accross several projects (all the same
> > architecture)?
>
> Normally, ccache hashes a few things to ensure that it does not re-use
> incompatible obkects. It should be safe.

It is, I routinely find myself having 3-4 different Buildroot work trees, all
pointing ccache to the same directory in the file system. If you target the
same architecture in more than one work tree, builds can sometimes be faster
when the same versions of the same files are used by different work trees.

Cheers,

--
 Adrián 🎩