[Buildroot] QT5.8 buid failure on master

Gary Bisson gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com
Wed Mar 8 11:28:06 UTC 2017

Hi Jaggan,

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Jagan Teki <jagannadh.teki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Garry,
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Gary Bisson
> <gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
>> Hi Peter, Fabio, All,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 8:29 PM, Peter Seiderer <ps.report at gmx.net> wrote:

>>> Yes can do. No problem with the first one, for the second one I need
>>> to investigate first on which additional configure option the building
>>> of libQt5EglFsKmsSupport.so depends...
>>
>> Actually I wonder why the first patch is needed in this case. How does
>> the eglfs plugin build for Vivante for instance since the failure
>> happens in a common file?
>>
>> Otherwise, I confirm I have "black picture" issues on Qt5.8 with the
>> Cinematic demo.
>>
>> However, I've made a discovery regarding the DRI configuration (to
>> avoid hardcoding the device). It is actually documented well on Qt
>> website:
>> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/embedded-linux.html#eglfs-with-eglfs-kms-backend
>> "The KMS/DRM backend also supports custom configurations via a JSON
>> file. Set the environment variable QT_QPA_EGLFS_KMS_CONFIG to the name
>> of the file to enable this."
>>
>> Here is my JSON file for Hannstar display:
>> {
>>   "device": "/dev/dri/card1",
>>   "hwcursor": false,
>>   "pbuffers": true,
>>   "outputs": [
>>     {
>>       "name": "VGA-1",
>>       "mode": "off"
>>     },
>>     {
>>       "name": "HDMI-1",
>>       "mode": "off"
>>     },
>>     {
>>       "name": "LVDS-1",
>>       "mode": "1024x768"
>>     }
>>   ]
>> }
>>
>> This avoids the patch mentioned before:
>> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2017-March/185842.html
>
> Don't know but I never find to explicitly mentioned the kmscube ran
> w/o any device argument for 5.6.2 and 5.8

I'm not sure to understand your remark.

Note that here I'm only talking about Qt5.8 with Mesa17.0.1.

Yes my previous image with Qt5.6.2 and Mesa13.0 from Christian tree
didn't require to specify the node.

Also, kmscube, which has nothing to do with Qt, now requires you to
specify the device (using latest version on master).

Previously it was checking the drm name against an "approved" list of
devices. Specifying the device manually is therefore more flexible
since it doesn't require source code modification to get it working.

Finally, I've been able to see the covers of the Cinematic demo using
Qt5.8 + Mesa17.0.1 (Etnaviv) by disabling the "Show movies cover
lighting" option (bottom left corner). So I guess it's an Etnaviv
support issue in Mesa that makes the black rectangles.

Regards,
Gary