[Buildroot] [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttyS0.

Karoly Pados kp at tec4data.at
Thu Mar 16 07:52:05 UTC 2017

> I've tried a build with a simple config with just systemd and agetty - but I
> didn't manage to boot it in qemu (unrelated reasons). However, in the resulting
> image I see no service request for ttyS0, only for tty1 (i.e. the one you set in
> the Buildroot config). So I don't understand how/why systemd tries to start a
> getty on ttyS0, and why it *doesn't* try to start one on tty1. Can you check in
> your rootfs in /etc/systemd/system where the ttyS0 could come from?

The discrepancy between tty1 and ttyS0 is because I tried both, and you got the .config for the try with the tty1. I have tty1 on the VGA output and ttyS0 on UART, so I tried each variant, before posting to this list without success.

To make sure everything is clean though, I did a complete rebuild yesterday:
- git pulled latest version of 2017.02.x branch
- rm -rf output (probably unnecesarry)
- make clean all

After this things work now, so it seems it was a complete rebuild that was a needed.

Thank you,
Karoly