[Buildroot] post-build.sh

Riko Ho antonius.riko at gmail.com
Tue May 23 04:56:26 UTC 2017

Hallo Thomas,

I read from your book :
http://elinux.org/images/2/2a/Using-buildroot-real-project.pdf
page 24,
=============
Create a post-build script in
board/<company>/<project>/post-build.sh
and tell
Buildroot to run it with the
BR2
ROOTFS
POST
BUILD
SCRIPT
.
This script is executed from the Buildroot main directory and
receives the target filesystem directory as argument.
Typically, my script does:
Tune the
/etc/inittab

/etc/fstab
or
/etc/securetty
files
Copy the contents of
board/<company>/<project>/rootfs-additions/
*into the*
*target root filesystem.*
In this directory, I put additional init scripts, configuration files
for network services, or override existing files.
=============================
Is "buildroot/output/target" = target root filesystem ?
So if I have a file "init" to be copied to buildroot/output/target,
1. I put "init" on buildroot/board/<company>/<project>/rootfs-additions
2. Inside post-build.sh, cp
board/<company>/<project>/rootfs-additions/init buildroot/output/target/.

Please let me know if it's not right way, thanks
--
*

/*******/
Sent by Ubuntu LTS 16.04,