[Buildroot] genimage maintainers

hkengblom hkengblom at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:04:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

This post may not be related to Buildroot but rather to genimage, but I've
not been able to find any maintainer for genimage, so I'm posting here since
I found an issue with genimage when using Buildroot.

My problem is that there seem to be a bug in genimage making it impossible
to have a mountpoint specified like this:

image dummy.ext4 {
  ext4 {}
  mountpoint = "/mnt/subdirectory"
  size = 128M
}

however this works fine:

image dummy.ext4 {
  ext4 {}
  mountpoint = "/mnt"
  size = 128M
}

When looking at the code it looks like genimage cannot handle mountpoints
that is not a directory directly under /

I've made a patch for it, but I don't know where to send it, or make a
pull-request. Further, I'm not that familiar with genimage, so it would be
good if someone with more insight in genimage could take a look at it.

Can anyone point me to someone that might be the "receiver" of such a patch?

br Håkan