[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your build results for 2017-05-01

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu May 4 12:58:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Thu, 4 May 2017 09:11:09 -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 3:28 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is the list of Buildroot build failures that occured on
> > 2017-05-01, and for which you are a registered architecture developer
> > or package developer. Please help us improving the quality of
> > Buildroot by investigating those build failures and sending patches to
> > fix them. Thanks!
> >
> > Build failures related to your packages:
> >
> >          arm | atest-895b0183a89c15f5e2305... | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/24081a28132899e9853dcb33a345db55c7c9d04a
>
> What about adding a "depends on BR2_USE_MMU" to  package/atest/Config.in?
>
> Would this be the correct fix for this issue?

No, this has absolutely nothing to do with atest. Lots of other
packages fail to build with the same reason. There is an issue between
binutils 2.27 and elf2flt.

I think we instead need to disable binutils 2.27 on !mmu, and use
binutils 2.28.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering