[Buildroot] Buildroot defconfig failures

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu May 11 11:41:13 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Thu, 11 May 2017 19:33:14 +0800, ren_guo wrote:

> >   You can just create a gitlab account, fork the official gitlab buildroot
> > repository, modify .gitlab-ci.yml and push it. The you use the real gitlab
> > server for you debugging.
> >
> >   You can do this on a branch that you delete later to "forget" about this
> > debugging run.
>
> 1. The problem is lose "libelf1" package, csky-linux-gcc will failed like this:
>
> |$ echo 'void main(){}' | ./bin/csky-linux-gcc -fstack-protector -x c -
> -o hello && echo y
> /builds/guoren83/buildroot/bin/../libexec/gcc/csky-linux/4.5.1/cc1:
> error while loading shared libraries: libelf.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory test failed log:
> https://gitlab.com/guoren83/buildroot/builds/16073656 2. I add libelf1
> in .gitlab-ci.yml, see below
> https://gitlab.com/guoren83/buildroot/commit/8e718d6ac2d49900042861652cac585c2cb063c7
> Test is OK :) https://gitlab.com/guoren83/buildroot/builds/16074189

Ah, good finding. Thanks for this investigation!

However, do we want to add libelf1 ? Shouldn't you tweak your toolchain
build process to link gcc statically with libelf1 ?

It is worth mentioning that gcc no longer depends on libelf since gcc
4.6.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering