[Buildroot] Problems building iotop

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri May 12 19:19:10 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Fri, 12 May 2017 13:31:57 -0400, Linux User wrote:

> I do understand that. But for 1 package, I dont want to upgrade to entire
> BR. What I am trying to do should be possible. Isn't it ? If you can give
> me some pointers, I dont mind, working on it.

Well, you can certainly backport the package. But beware that a simple
copy of package/iotop/ will most likely not work. Indeed between a
Buildroot of ~2013 (that you are using) and a Buildroot of 2015 (which
has iotop), we most likely made some changes in the package
infrastructure. So you will have to re-adapt iotop.mk.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering