[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2017-05-17

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Fri May 19 01:29:16 UTC 2017

Hi Thomas,
Thomas Petazzoni wrote,

> Hello,
>
> >       successes : 206
> >        failures : 8
>
> Wowo!
>
> On 8 failures, we have:
>
>  - 5 already fixed
>  - 1 with a patch in progress
>  - 2 that need investigation
>
> Looks good!
>
> On Thu, 18 May 2017 08:31:52 +0200 (CEST), Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>
> >         bfin |                       icu-58.2 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/4828d9fc18283bda4c07af2c67f8ca9490dca28d | ORPH
>
> Toolchain issue:
>
>   bfin-buildroot-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: LINKER BUG: .rofixup section size mismatch
>
> Waldemar, do you have an idea? Is this a recent regression?

We have seen this error in the past and we could fix it by applying
following patch:
https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/package/binutils/2.26.1/0905-bfin-rofixup-bug.patch

It seems the workaround does not work when FDPIC + static +
-Wl,--gc-sections used. It seems icu is adding  -Wl,--gc-sections
only in the static case on a Linux host.

This is a minor linker optimization.

How should we handle this? Patching configure.ac and autoreconf the
package?

best regards
 Waldemar