[Buildroot] package hwloc does not install to staging

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue May 30 06:59:27 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Mon, 29 May 2017 16:20:46 -0700, Graham Holland wrote:

> I'm curious if there is a reason for the hwloc package not including
> the following:
>
> HWLOC_INSTALL_STAGING = YES
>
> so that the hwloc.h header is copied to the staging directory
>
> I am porting a package that has a dependency on hwloc and which uses
> pkg-config in its build system to detect hwloc compiler flags. If I
> modify the hwloc.mk file to include the above, then this works
> correctly.

There is no specific reason other than the fact that nobody needed it
until now. So don't hesitate to send a patch adding
HWLOC_INSTALL_STAGING = YES (and possibly your additional package if
it's some public available software package).

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering