[Buildroot] Static IP

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Sun Nov 26 19:38:11 UTC 2017

Hi Roy,

Please keep the list on Cc so that everyone can benefit from your experience.

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 02:22:44PM +0200, Roy Arav wrote:
> I enabled BR2_PACKAGE_IFUPDOWN_SCRIPTS as you suggested,
> and now I get this warning: 34.193270] NetworkManager[272]: <warn>
> [1478193422.9602] settings: could not load plugin 'ifupdown' from file
> '/usr/lib/NetworkManager/libnm-settings-plugin-ifupdown.so': No such file
> or directory
>
> Any ideas how to solve this thing? (sorry if I seem clue-less, I am new to
> buildroot...)

This is most likely because we currently pass --disable-ifupdown to the
configure script unconditionally. This has been so since commit 52c7f43fdefbe7
(network-manager: bump to 0.9.8.0). Maybe Thomas, the author of said commit,
can explain the reason for that.

In case --enable-ifupdown does not increase the target size significantly
(relatively speaking), then a patch enable ifupdown would probably be
accepted.

> Please see the entire.config.

[skipped config fragments containing potentially sensitive information]

Do you use all these fragments to generate a unified .config?

Please send the minimal .config that exhibits your issue. Minimizing the
.config further with 'make savedefconfig' would be nice as well.

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -