[Buildroot] Analysis of build results for 2017-11-25

Johan Oudinet johan.oudinet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 13:28:55 UTC 2017

Hi Sam, All,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:30 AM, Sam Bobroff <sam.bobroff at au1.ibm.com> wrote:

> I don't have much time at the moment but I'll take a look at this when I
> can (in a previous life I was an Erlang programmer, it's great to see it
> as part of buildroot!). It would be sad to disable HiPE so I'll see if
> we can just bump the version up to 20.
>
> Or Johan if you get to it first, I'll certainly test it :-)

I haven't had the time to do it yet, however, it seems OTP 20 has
simply applied the patch I mentioned:
https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/1394/commits/024e438101c010f17e3a374117c3b376d48483f3

If I understand correctly this configure, there is a test in the
configure to automatically enable HiPE for a list of architectures.
ppc64 is present in this list but not ppc64le. So, I think HiPE would
be disabled on ppc64le architectures even if we bump to OTP 20.

Best,
--
Johan