[Buildroot] Discussion on per-package logging

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Oct 11 09:05:06 UTC 2017

On 11-10-17 10:58, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> One first issue with top-level parallel build is simple: the build
> output of several packages is mixed up, making the overall build output
> mostly unreadable.

 For the record (since I'm sure this must have been discussed before), why isn't
the --output-sync option sufficient? Output from parallel make is expected to be
garbled in any parallel build. When a user calls 'make -j', we can expect them
to also provide --output-sync=recurse option.

 Regards,
 Arnout