[Buildroot] Unable to build an image with systemd

Gorka Lertxundi glertxundi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 15:14:21 UTC 2017

Thanks for getting me this fast.

https://gist.github.com/glerchundi/bafbb5c3b7b15c48e4058bb05d890edf

> > Cross compiling to ARM using the 2017.08.1 release which supposedly has
> the
> > systemd and libmount issue solved long time ago[1]. I don't know how it's
> > possible my build is outputting that all the time.
> >
> > systemd uses pkg-config to check if libmount exists and, as expected,
> using
> > the host-deployed pkg-config wasn't able to find it.
>
> Why "as expected" ?

As expected because that was the reason why systemd failed in ./configure.
That doesn't mean that it's the root of the problem of course, probably is
my fault...

> > I manually created mount.pc in
> > "output/host/arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/
> lib/pkgconfig/mount.pc"
>
> Why would you do this? It should have been installed by util-linux.
>
> When reporting bug reports, please always include a Buildroot .config
> file that allows to reproduce the issue. Also, make sure that the
> problem is reproducible after a full clean build, i.e when doing "make
> clean all".

Yeah, sounds reasonable. Will do next time sorry about that.

I started taking the customizations from jumpnow (
https://github.com/jumpnow/buildroot) and include them one-by-one on the
original buildroot but when I changed from sysv to systemd this one failed
to build.