[Buildroot] Problem trying to use an external tool chain

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Sep 11 22:49:48 UTC 2017

 Hi John,

On 11-09-17 19:08, John O'Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup buildroot to use an external project from Xilinx
>
> It has the followiing structure
>
> aarch64-linux-gnu  bin  include  lib  lib64  libexec  share

> /usr/bin/install -D -m 0755
> /home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/build/toolchain-external-custom/toolchain-wrapper
> /home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/host/usr/bin/toolchain-wrapper
> ln: failed to create symbolic link
> '/home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/host/usr/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu/sysroot/usr/lib':
> No such file or directory

 That directory should have been created as part of
SKELETON_INSTALL_STAGING_CMDS in the skeleton package.

 Is it possible that you changed the arch/toolchain configuration without 'make
clean'? Check /home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/staging, it
should point to host/usr/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu/sysroot.

 Regards,
 Arnout