[Buildroot] Problem trying to use an external tool chain

John O'Sullivan John.OSullivan at BlackBox.com
Tue Sep 12 07:53:58 UTC 2017

Hi Arnout,

Yes that was the problem, thank you so much for your help

Kind regards
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnout Vandecappelle [mailto:arnout at mind.be]
Sent: 11 September 2017 23:50
To: John O'Sullivan; buildroot at busybox.net
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] Problem trying to use an external tool chain

 Hi John,

On 11-09-17 19:08, John O'Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup buildroot to use an external project from Xilinx
>
> It has the followiing structure
>
> aarch64-linux-gnu  bin  include  lib  lib64  libexec  share

> /usr/bin/install -D -m 0755
> /home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/build/toolchain-e
> xternal-custom/toolchain-wrapper
> /home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/host/usr/bin/tool
> chain-wrapper
> ln: failed to create symbolic link
> '/home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/host/usr/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu/sysroot/usr/lib':
> No such file or directory

 That directory should have been created as part of SKELETON_INSTALL_STAGING_CMDS in the skeleton package.

 Is it possible that you changed the arch/toolchain configuration without 'make clean'? Check /home/developer/BuildRoot/buildroot-2017.02.4/output/staging, it should point to host/usr/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu/sysroot.

 Regards,
 Arnout