[Buildroot] Bump ATF version in arm_juno_defconfig ?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Apr 23 20:17:13 UTC 2018

Hello Joao,

You originally contributed the arm_juno_defconfig in Buildroot. It
currently uses v1.2 of ATF, and I encountered a build failure with this
ATF version as part of the Buildroot test suite:

    ./build/juno/release/bl1/context_mgmt.o: In function `cm_prepare_el3_exit':
    context_mgmt.c:(.text.cm_prepare_el3_exit+0x54): undefined reference to `cm_set_next_context'
    context_mgmt.c:(.text.cm_prepare_el3_exit+0x54): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_JUMP26 against undefined symbol `cm_set_next_context'

This issue has been fixed since ATF v1.3. Do you think you could
provide a patch bumping the ATF version ? The latest version is ATF
v1.5, so if you could bump the defconfig, it would be nice.

In addition, it would be great if you could send a patch adding
yourself in the DEVELOPERS file for this platform, so we easily know who
to contact for questions related to this platform.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com