[Buildroot] [Buildroot & ArchLinux] can not build host-m4 on machine with glibc-2.28 installed

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Wed Aug 8 15:47:11 UTC 2018

>>>>> "郑" == 郑 祎 <yzheng at techyauld.com> writes:

Hello,

Please mail the buildroot mailing list and not individual contributors,
thanks!

 > Hi,
 > 	I found that failure and do some hacking.

 > 	(1) m4 source, lib/freadahead.c: It use the internal symbols to guess the C runtime lib's type.

 > 	(2) glibc-2.28 removed the header file /usr/include/bits/libio.h.
 > 	    In fact, libio.h seems an internal header. The content of it has been
 > 	    moved into <glibc source>/libio/libio.h, which is not installed.

 > 	Anyone can help me out? M4 has not released new version since 1.4.18(2016-12-31).

 > Allan,
 > 	It seems that that bug will hit our lovely ArchLinux!

What is the build failure you are seeing exactly? Looking around, it
seems linuxfromscratch has some workarounds for building against
glibc-2.28, perhaps we can do the same?

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter05/m4.html

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard