[Buildroot] pkg-golang: host package not supported

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at northern.tech
Fri Aug 10 11:34:06 UTC 2018

Hi!

I have recently started doing some work with Buildroot and
specifically I am building packages that are based on golang.

Build packages for "target" works just fine. But I noticed that the
pkg-golang.mk [1] does not support "host" target yet [2] which is
required for one my packages.

Buildroot is new to me but looking at pkg-golang.mk it does _not_ seem
that a lot of needs to change to support "host" packages as well.

So two questions:
- Any specific reason "host" target is not supported?
- Any hints on to add host-golang-package support?

Thanks.

[1]. https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/blob/master/package/pkg-golang.mk
[2]. https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/blob/master/package/pkg-golang.mk#L47

--