[Buildroot] Using buildroot to compile Xilinx Kernel - ELF file error

Gaston Melo gastonmelo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 21:46:23 UTC 2018

hi to all

im really new on embedded world and I build a kernel using buildroot

Im using the xilinx kernel (downloaded from github xilinx repository) and
already make configs. I have the dts file generated by device-tree on ISE
14.7

I can build the kernel using buildroot but my problem is when I tried to
download the elf file to the spartan 6.

it says "readelf: Error: Not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at
the start"

I tried to find the cause of this error on the Net but no luck so far. IM
using this as references:

https://github.com/numato/samplecode/blob/master/FPGA/galatea/galateaLinux-BSP/numato_galatea_defconfig

https://github.com/numato/samplecode/blob/master/FPGA/galatea/galateaLinux-BSP/galatea_defconfig#L4

The differences are Im using big endian