[Buildroot] aarch64 + armhf multiarch support?

Jens Maus mail at jens-maus.de
Fri Feb 9 13:02:21 UTC 2018

Hi Dagg,

> Am 09.02.2018 um 13:29 schrieb daggs <daggs at gmx.com>:
>
>> Apart from that, are there really no possibilities to build a multiarch (aarch64+armhf) buildroot environment that allows to run 64bit and 32bit binaries at the same time? Or am I missing something?
>
> sorry it didn't helped you, I wonder, can you compile the 32 bit bins yourself? if so why not compile the bins you need statically, place it on a nfs server, mount it on the c2 boards and run the bins? will that work for you?

No, I can’t compile the 32bit bins myself as they are closed source. The point is really that it would be great if buildroot could be setup to support 64bit compilation (aarch64) with multiarch support so that 32bit libraries (libc, etc.) are automatically in place that 32bit binaries (armhf) will run out-of-the-box. Does anyone know how much effort it would take to add such multiarch support into buildroot and where to start implementing it in a nice and proper way?

regards,
jens
--
Jens Maus, Dresden/Germany
http://jens-maus.de/

*** Content is authentic only with digital signature  ***