[Buildroot] Reg: Add a downloaded tar file directly to rootfs

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Tue Feb 13 16:14:41 UTC 2018

Hi Ravi,

Please keep the list on Cc.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 03:09:16PM +0530, ravi chandran wrote:
>            Thanks for your response. By the way it is possible to mention a
> custom repo URL  against any config option, so that buildroot can download
> the tar file and copy it inside the BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY  location .

BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY points to a directory tree that is copied over the rootfs.
To fetch a tar file from somewhere you can use BR2_ROOTFS_POST_BUILD_SCRIPT,
and extract it in $TARGET_DIR. See the details in the manual:

  http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#rootfs-custom

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -