[Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Fri Feb 16 14:49:59 UTC 2018

Hello Daniel,

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 01:24:46 +1100, Daniel Axtens wrote:

> Andrew mentioned to me that we might have a race condition, and so I had
> a quick poke at loading patches in parallel. Sure enough I was able to
> easily hit an issue at least on the MySQL backend. (OzLabs uses postgres
> but it's still a good data-point as it shows we're not handling this
> sort of thing in code.)
>
> This is quite possibly related to your issue - I will do some more
> investigation and let you know how we go.

Thanks a lot for the follow-up details on this.

I think it's worth mentioning that it seems to be a relatively "recent"
regression, probably within the last 6 months or so. In the past, we
were clearly not seeing such a problem, and all patches were properly
recorded. The problem is frequent enough that we would have noticed.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
http://bootlin.com