[Buildroot] Trouble with offline build

Bernd Kuhls bernd.kuhls at t-online.de
Wed Feb 28 04:57:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Tue, 27 Feb 2018 18:34:53 -0500 schrieb A:

> I do a "make source" on a cygwin system that has internet and, and copy
the
> whole thing over to the build system.

does your cygwin system include a "lzip" binary?

> Then, on the build system, I do a "make", and I get undesired internet
> access attempts and an ultimate failure, which I show below.

[...]
> user at host:~/src/buildroot-2017.11.2$ make source

Buildroot checks the host system for needed dependencies and, if they are
missing, downloads and builds the missing package(s), for details check
the scripts in support/dependencies/. Apparently cygwin includes lzip
whereas your build system lacks it.

The solution is to call "make host-lzip-source" on your cygwin system and
then copy lzip-1.19.tar.gz to your build system.

Regards, Bernd