[Buildroot] glibc-testsuite: running g++ tests in cross-compile setup

Vineet Gupta Vineet.Gupta1 at synopsys.com
Tue Jan 16 00:44:45 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a buildroot based ARC cross toolchain (2017.11-rc1 base d+ some hacks of my
own). I'm trying to test the glibc testsuite with it with c++ enabled to get
additional coverage. All of this was fine initially...

	PASS: argp/argp-test
	PASS: argp/bug-argp1
	PASS: argp/bug-argp2
	PASS: argp/check-installed-headers-c
	PASS: argp/check-installed-headers-cxx    <-----
..

However at some point in December, not sure if this was a buildroot rebase or
glibc, c++ tests stopped getting built.

    make test-wrapper='<path>/<to>/scripts/cross-test-ssh.sh root at x.x.x.x' xcheck

I'm not sure if this is a glibc or buildroot issue..

gcc-initial : config.log has --enable-languages=c
gcc-final   : config.log has --enable-languages=c,c++
glibc       : config.log has --enable-languages=c

I guess issue is #3, but does anyone know why ?

Thx,
-Vineet