[Buildroot] Google Summer of Code 2018 ?

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Jan 17 22:50:13 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> For information, organizations can apply for GSoC 2018 until January
> 23, so there is less than a week left to apply. The questions are: do
> we want to apply? And if yes, for what topics?
>
> Looking at https://elinux.org/Buildroot:GSoC2017Ideas:
>
>  - Reproducible builds. While some initial work was done, there is
>    definitely a lot more that could be done.
>
>  - Testing infrastructure: the runtime testing infrastructure was
>    added in the mean time. Writing more tests and extending the
>    infrastructure is still needed though.
>
>  - Relocatable SDK: this topic is pretty much solved IMO, so this topic
>    is no longer relevant.
>
>  - Follow upstream updates and CVEs of packages. I think this topic is
>    still relevant, and IMO is the most interesting topic.

I'd second that this is an interesting one (even just a manual
approach to start with).  ie. Minimally having our legal-info (or a
new cpe-info) generate CPE compliant tags for our packages would be a
great addition.  Then those lists can be fed into various tools.