[Buildroot] Compiling gcc for the target?

Stuart Longland stuartl at longlandclan.id.au
Sun Jan 28 05:25:47 UTC 2018

Hi Max,
On 28/01/18 15:16, Max Filippov wrote:
>> Thats, unfortunate.  I can understand its an atypical use case for
>> buildroot and sadly, building gcc seems to be far more difficult than it
>> ought to be.
> You could build both cross- and cross-native toolchains with crosstool-NG
> and then use cross-toolchain as an external toolchain for the buildroot. I did
> that for xtensa target architecture.

I did try crosstool-ng… it only gave me uClibc or glibc options, not musl.

I'm not sure if maybe there's an experimental branch that supports musl
or if I missed an option somewhere, but I couldn't get it to oblige.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.