[Buildroot] buildroot imagw upgrade

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Mon Jan 29 08:41:38 UTC 2018

Hi,

 > I have a dtv server running image based on buildroot, it gets stuck
 > every day requiring me to reboot it.  I want to upgrade the image but
 > I have data and config I want to keep.

And you have not separated your data/config from the buildroot image
(E.G. on another filesystem)?

> my first idea was to preform and upgrade, that is why I'm asking.

Upgrade handling is always quite system specific, and outside the scope
of Buildroot.

We do provide a number of packages related to upgrade handling, but
Buildroot is just a toolbox - It doesn't enforce any specific behaviour.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard