[Buildroot] How to bypass fix-rpath for a particular package?

Tudor Holton tudor at smartguide.com.au
Tue Jul 17 03:53:29 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have a br_external package that always lands corrupt on the image and
segfaults. I tried a number of things and eventually discovered that it
works fine if I graft the output from build directly into the final
image.  From this I narrowed it down to something that happens during
fix-rpath, which looks simple, but all my checks show that I'm not
linking with anything other than -rpath=$ORIGIN so I'm at a loss as to
the root cause.

This may not be the best solution, but is there a standard way to tell
fix-rpath not to patchelf my package and just copy it verbatim to the image?

Cheers,
Tudor.