[Buildroot] RHEL6 autobuilder

Hollis Blanchard hollis_blanchard at mentor.com
Fri Jul 27 19:30:15 UTC 2018

On 07/26/2018 12:43 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

>>> However, a larger question is: do you intend to contribute an
>>> autobuilder that tests Buildroot under RHEL6 ? Indeed, you are fixing
>>> just the few packages that are useful to you, but if we are going to
>>> support something as old as RHEL6, then we need to do it properly and
>>> have an autobuilder running on this distro. Do you think this is
>>> something that could be done ?
>> Not certain, but possible. What does it entail, exactly? Do I just have
>> to run
>> https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot-test/tree/scripts/autobuild-run via
>> cron?
> It is about running this script yes, but it does not need to be run in
> cron, the script itself is an infinite loop that continuously does some
> builds and contribute the results to autobuild.buildroot.org.

OK, I set this up on a RHEL6.5 host, and it ran enough to hit the known
libglib2 problem <https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/947086/>. I
encountered two issues along the way:

  * buildroot-test/buildroot-autobuild script uses the --detach option
    to 'git checkout', which RHEL6.5's git doesn't know about. I just
    deleted the option and everything's working fine. I can submit a
    patch if you like.
  * buildroot/utils/genrandconfig uses argparse, which doesn't exist in
    RHEL6.5's Python. I avoided the problem for now by supplying an
    alternate Python installation.

I guess I just need HTTP credentials to submit to
http://autobuild.buildroot.org ?

Hollis Blanchard
Mentor Graphics Emulation Division