[Buildroot] RHEL6 autobuilder

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Jul 30 12:28:54 UTC 2018

Hello Hollis,

+Arnout in Cc about the --detach option.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:30:15 -0700, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

> OK, I set this up on a RHEL6.5 host, and it ran enough to hit the known
> libglib2 problem <https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/947086/>. I
> encountered two issues along the way:

Great!

>   * buildroot-test/buildroot-autobuild script uses the --detach option
>     to 'git checkout', which RHEL6.5's git doesn't know about. I just
>     deleted the option and everything's working fine. I can submit a
>     patch if you like.

This option was added in commit
66f91eb4409e5efacb1871b8ab2b336c4873b796, and Arnout gave the following
reason:

    Since switching repositories may also switch branches, we use a git
    fetch/checkout sequence instead of doing a git pull. With git pull, the
    branches would be merged instead of switched. To avoid polluting the
    log with the long git message about a detached head, while still
    getting some useful output from git, pass the --detach option to
    git checkout.

Since it's apparently just about logging, perhaps we can just remove it. Arnout ?

>   * buildroot/utils/genrandconfig uses argparse, which doesn't exist in
>     RHEL6.5's Python. I avoided the problem for now by supplying an
>     alternate Python installation.

Sounds good.

> I guess I just need HTTP credentials to submit to
> http://autobuild.buildroot.org ?

I'll reply to you privately about this.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com