[Buildroot] Rust test too long

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Jun 18 18:44:38 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 20:33:20 +0200, Eric Le Bihan wrote:

> > Is this expected that this test takes as much as 3 hours ? Is there
> > something we can do to reduce this ?
>
> What is the horsepower of the Gitlab instance?

I have no idea :-/

> When building rust from source, the longest part is building the LLVM
> backend.
>
> On a 4-core i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz, TestRust takes 60 minutes. But on a
> 4-core i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz, it does takes nearly 3 hours...

OK, so it is not crazy that the Gitlab instances are not able to build
this. So, I'd say we need to:

 - In the short term, disable this test from the Gitlab testing. Do you
   think you could look into this ?

 - In the mid/long term, have our own Gitlab instances, that have more
   horsepower and no limit in the duration of jobs.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com