[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2018-06-29

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sat Jun 30 19:21:04 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 12:17:35 -0700, Joseph Kogut wrote:

> > It seems that gcc 8.1.1 from the host (ArchLinux) is buggy, there is no such
> > error with a Fedora 28 with gcc 8 installed.
>
> I'm wondering if it really is an Arch bug, or something else, because
> the problem is not consistently reproducible. It seems to only happen
> a fraction of the time, and I can run make again on the exact same
> config after GCC segfaults, and the build will finish.
>
> Could be a hardware problem. I remember reading about a segfault issue
> with Ryzen chips during parallel compilation, though Threadripper
> chips, which this was built on, weren't supposed to be affected.

I also believe it's a HW issue. Could you stop your autobuilder, until
you figure out what's going on ?

Having bogus build results really isn't helpful, as it gives a lot of
noise to analyze and triage to find out what are the interesting things
to look at.

However, I very much welcome an installation like yours as part of the
autobuilders, because you found out a number of issues that we had
never found so far, and those are very useful to fix.

> I have a few Arch systems with Intel chips I can use to see if I can
> reproduce the issue. That would at least tell us if it *is* an Arch
> bug, or a hardware problem.

Would be good.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com