[Buildroot] Freescale defconfigs failing to build U-Boot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Mar 5 09:33:41 UTC 2018

Hello Fabio,

(Sorry Fabio for the duplicate. The first time I forgot to Cc: the
Buildroot mailing list.)

After fixing the "U-Boot needs DTC" issue on a number of defconfigs,
I'm getting some U-Boot build failures such as:

  MKIMAGE u-boot-dtb.imx
Error: No BOOT_FROM tag in board/freescale/mx6sxsabresd/imximage.cfg.cfgtmp
arch/arm/imx-common/Makefile:91: recipe for target 'u-boot-dtb.imx' failed

(for freescale_imx6sxsabresd_defconfig, see
https://gitlab.com/tpetazzoni/buildroot/-/jobs/55673304)

and:

  MKIMAGE u-boot-dtb.imx
Error: No BOOT_FROM tag in board/freescale/mx6sabresd/mx6q_4x_mt41j128.cfg.cfgtmp
arch/arm/imx-common/Makefile:91: recipe for target 'u-boot-dtb.imx' failed

(for freescale_imx6qsabresd_defconfig, see
https://gitlab.com/tpetazzoni/buildroot/-/jobs/55673302)

Could you have a look at those ?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
http://bootlin.com