[Buildroot] patchwork.ozlabs.org down, and e-mails not recorded

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sat Mar 10 11:58:06 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

 >> Andrew mentioned to me that we might have a race condition, and so I had
 >> a quick poke at loading patches in parallel. Sure enough I was able to
 >> easily hit an issue at least on the MySQL backend. (OzLabs uses postgres
 >> but it's still a good data-point as it shows we're not handling this
 >> sort of thing in code.)
 >>
 >> This is quite possibly related to your issue - I will do some more
 >> investigation and let you know how we go.

 > Thanks a lot for the follow-up details on this.

 > I think it's worth mentioning that it seems to be a relatively "recent"
 > regression, probably within the last 6 months or so. In the past, we
 > were clearly not seeing such a problem, and all patches were properly
 > recorded. The problem is frequent enough that we would have noticed.

Any news on this? We still see missing mails, and I even received a
temporary bounce from the patchwork addres this morning:

This is the mail system at host ozlabs.org.

                   The mail system

<patchwork-incoming-buildroot at bilbo.ozlabs.org> (expanded from
    <incoming-buildroot at patchwork.ozlabs.org>): temporary failure

Reporting-MTA: dns; ozlabs.org
Arrival-Date: Mon,  5 Mar 2018 10:53:10 +1100 (AEDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; patchwork-incoming-buildroot at bilbo.ozlabs.org
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; temporary failure

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard