[Buildroot] no bootloader selected ?

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sun Mar 18 21:55:51 UTC 2018

 > Hello,
 > Is it possible to deselect any bootloader and boot in x86 directly
 > from bios to Linux ?

On UEFI systems it is, if you enable CONFIG_EFI_STUB in your Linux
config.

 > I ask because I see in buildroot functional config that there is no
 > bootloader selected, which surprised me.

Ehh, what configuration file are you talking about exactly? Buildroot
does not enforce that you enable a bootloader if that is what you mean -
This is because there are use cases where you don't need a bootloader /
don't want to build it in Buildroot.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard