[Buildroot] Unicode problem with check-uniq-files

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Mar 21 21:44:36 UTC 2018

Jaap, All,

On 2018-03-20 08:48 +0100, Jaap Crezee spake thusly:

> On 03/19/18 22:32, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> >Could you please attach this packages-file-list.txt please?
> Here you go.

OK, thanks, I'll have a look now...

> I think it is related to output from ca-certificates. This package installs
> some files with non ascii chars in the certificate filenames. The strange
> part is that I have done this for a long time and do not really understand
> why it is failing now.

If you change your LC_ALL et al to an UTF-8 locale, it will work again,
I believe.

> And shouldn't this script use host-python instead of the python which is
> present on the host? Could be a PATH related issue in the execution
> environment for this script?

No, because we don't always have a host-python that is built. Besides,
python is a requirement for Buildroot, see the manual:
    https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#requirement-mandatory

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.