[Buildroot] [V4 1/2] dropbear: bump to version 2018.76

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Wed Mar 28 14:42:24 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:41:03 +0200, François Perrad wrote:

> > On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:38:26 +0200, Francois Perrad wrote:
> >
> > > +define DROPBEAR_SVR_PASSWORD_AUTH
> > > +     echo '#if !HAVE_CRYPT'                          >>
> > $(@D)/localoptions.h
> > > +     echo '#define DROPBEAR_SVR_PASSWORD_AUTH 0'     >>
> > $(@D)/localoptions.h
> > > +     echo '#endif'                                   >>
> > $(@D)/localoptions.h
> > >  endef
> >
> > Since this is really a bug in dropbear, shouldn't this be handled by a
> > patch, which gets submitted upstream ?
> >

> The average Dropbear user puts only #define in localoptions.h
> BR supports various toolchains with many differences, so we need some logic
> in localoptions.h
> There is no upstream bug.

I think there's an upstream bug if the configure script detects the
presence/absence of crypt(), but then doesn't use this information to
disable features that require crypt() when it's not available.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com