[Buildroot] bash: /dev/fd/62: No such file or directory

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Fri Mar 30 11:11:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

 >> Keep in mind that we still support a static /dev, so we should also add
 >> them to system/device_table_dev.txt and redirect errors to /dev/null so
 >> you don't get a bunch of warnings about these symlinks when booting with
 >> a static /dev.

 > I am trying to get this working. I managed to add the entries to
 > inittab for busybox and sysvinit

Great!

 > but I am unsure how to add those symlinks to the static
 > /dev. makedevs does not support symbolic links.

Heh, you are right. We can either:

- Add a BASH_ROOTFS_PRE_CMD_HOOKS hook in bash.mk if static /dev is used
  to create these symlinks

- Extend the makedevs code to also support symlinks

- Completely ignore this issue for static /dev

The first option is probably the easiest/nicest.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard