[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2018-04-25

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:48:51 UTC 2018

Hi Matt,

Le 08/05/2018 à 15:23, Matthew Weber a écrit :
> Romain,
>
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 5:15 PM, Romain Naour <romain.naour at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> git bisect helped to find a patch [1] fixing an infinite loop in RTL DSE
>
> I've got another microblaze bug I'm working on identifying between
> GCC6.4 and 7.3.  Any general tips on bisecting GCC?  (What seems to be
> working is the following.... I went into buildroot and rewrote the GCC
> initial/final/toplevel mk to use a local site method and removed all
> source/version stuff.  Then built (for now) ignoring the buildroot
> patches against released versions.

I'm not hacking in the Buildroot's gcc package, I'm using local.mk with the
following two lines where /home/naourr/git/gcc is the absolute path to gcc sources:

HOST_GCC_INITIAL_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR = /home/naourr/git/gcc
HOST_GCC_FINAL_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR = /home/naourr/git/gcc

The git bisect is started from /home/naourr/git/gcc and you have to rebuild you
system for each try.

It's a long process (my git bisect took ~10 try.
) because you have to build a toolchain and build the package (and it's
dependencies) that trigger the issue.

Best regards,
Romain