[Buildroot] Tesla is using Buildroot

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Sat May 12 13:27:38 UTC 2018

On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:42:45 -0300 (BRT), Carlos Santos <casantos at datacom.ind.br> wrote:
> [...]

Probably because (AFAIK) it is not yet possible to override base package in
a BR2_EXTERNAL. I have tripped on this myself a couple of times, and ended
up providing a top-level Makefile in the repo for my BR2_EXTERNAL which
downloads a certain version of the Buildroot tarball and applies a couple
of patches over it, then proceeds to chain up to the Buildroot Makefiles
passing the path BR2_EXTERNAL path down to them (so from the point of view
of somebody building, they just download the BR2_EXTERNAL repo and do “make
foo_defconfig && make”).

It would be great to allow overriding base packages in a BR2_EXTERNAL 🤔

Cheers,

--
 Adrián 🎩