[Buildroot] systemd: build fails with meson

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Wed Nov 7 22:03:35 UTC 2018

 > Hello,
 > I've been trying to build Buildroot with systemd v239. Regular build works
 > fine but when I try to do it using docker, the build fails with
 > bad interpreter: No such file or directory
 > which seems to be a python error which occurs when the absolute path length
 > to the interpreter exceeds the limit (in this case, the 1st line in
 > buildroot/output/host/bin/meson is over 128 symbols which is most likely
 > the problem).

The maximum shebang line is indeed limited by the kernel to 128
characters:

https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/596

I don't quite understand why building inside docker leads to longer path
names though?

 > Is there any way to solve this without shortening the absolute paths? Thank
 > you in advance.

You could try changing the definition of MESON in package/pkg-meson.mk
to be:

MESON = PYTHONNOUSERSITE=y $(HOST_DIR)/bin/python3 $(HOST_DIR)/bin/meson

But there may be other similar issues elsewhere.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard