[Buildroot] iptable configuration

Oscar Gomez Fuente oscargomezf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:22:19 UTC 2018

Hi Ranra,

> Is there a configuration for iptables filter, or should we manually
> add it to a new init script ? (I have a build image from buildroot,
> but didn't find iptable config file in rootfs or in menuconfig)

I had the same problem. You can find how to make some rules in this
link [1], and then you will have to save the configuration file with
this command:

$ iptables-save > /etc/iptables.rules

You can restore the configuration file with this other command:

$  iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.rules

But YES, buildroot doesn't make a default configuration file and you
will have to load it with a init script made on your own.

Best regards.

[1] https://crybit.com/iptables-rules-for-icmp/