[Buildroot] STM32F767ZI Nucleo

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Sep 20 11:11:40 UTC 2018

Hello,

Please don't top post.

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:33:48 +0000, Czybor Michael wrote:

> you wrote: " I have no idea which .bin files you're talking about."
>
> the "binary stuff" could be the bootloader, is this right?
>
> I found four versions (not five :-)):
>
> a.) stm32f429i-disco.bin
> b.) stm32f469i-disco.bin
> c.) stm32429i-eval.bin
> d.) stm32746g-eval.bin

These are built by the afboot-stm32 package, which indeed is the
bootloader for STM32 platforms. See
https://github.com/mcoquelin-stm32/afboot-stm32.

> But I started the build process only with one configuration?

afboot-stm32 builds a bootloader for all boards it supports, and we
install all of them.

> One more question about the device-tree-file. If I like to use UIO-Devices, than I must edit the device-tree.
>
> 1.) Can I use UIO-Device-Drivers?

Yes, why wouldn't you be able to use them ?

> 2.) How do I input a different device tree?

Either you patch the Device Tree in your kernel tree, or add a new one
in your kernel tree. Or you can use the option
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_DTS_PATH to point to an arbitrary Device Tree
file.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com