[Buildroot] [GSoC19] Motivation

Mohamed Dawod mhm.dawod at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 19:07:15 UTC 2019

Greetings,
I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Mohamed.
I am a 4th year Computer Engineering student at Faculty of Engineering -
Cairo University.
*LinkedIn Profile* : https://www.linkedin.com/in/mohameddawod96/
*Github Profile* : https://github.com/Dawody
I would like to work in Project *"Support for distributed builds with
IceCC"*

I have 2 years of experience in this failed.
1. I studied Operating systems and Distributed systems in the faculty.

2. I learnt How to build Linux From Scratch  (LFS8.3).

3. I learnt Embedded Linux. I worked as Embedded Linux Engineer Inter in
the last summer.
- I built a complete linux based operating system for specific kit to
execute qt5 apps.
- I changed the default windowing system to wayland, and I customized
wayland to fit the project needs.
- I used yoctoproject, bitbake and openembedded and other open source
layers.

I am interested in operating systems and building embedded linux systems.
>From my experiment with bitbake and openembedded, I found that It really
takes so much time to build complete embedded linux system.
so I think that distributing this process can be a great achievement.
Although I didn't use Buildroot or IceCC before, but  I could learn yocto,
bitbake and openembedded and building projects with them during my summer
internship without a direct supervision. It's well-known that Yocto Project
has a steep learning curve.
so I hope that I can learn buildroot and IceCC in short free time to start
the project.

I am looking forward to be accepted in this project because I would like to
dig deeper in this field as I adore it,
and because it may be my last chance to participate in GSoC, I wouldn't
like to lose this chance.

Thank You,

Mohamed Dawod
Computer Engineering Department