[Buildroot] Buildroot does not try to find/use the system-installed meson

Norbert Lange nolange79 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:23:40 UTC 2019

Hello,

even though I have very recent meson installed, buildroot will go to
great lengths to build everything from source (including host-python3,
host-ninja and host-python which is a dependency of host-ninja for
some reason).
Is there a good reason for this, or is this just a lacking feature for now?

I am pretty sure the system meson would do the same thing, and would
only need the crosscompile configuration (as its done with CMake).

regards, Norbert