[Buildroot] New Package: Entware

Oscar Gomez Fuente oscargomezf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:51:21 UTC 2019

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 at 20:23, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:

>  Let me clarify that: if you want to use OpenWrt packages on a Buildroot-built
> system, why do you use Buildroot to build your system anyway? Just use OpenWrt...

Yes, I agree with you but in some cases, it could be useful. For
example, I have a customer that he doesn't know how to use buildroot,
and I cannot build for him a new release for only a new package and
sometimes he needs to install some extra package, for example: mysql,
php and so on. The method of using ipkg/opkg was very useful for him,
but it seems to be that opkg is old fashioned and Entware is cool.

I'm going to try to create a new package with your piece of advice.

Best regards,
Oscar Gomez Fuente